Thursday, April 01, 2021
Hits : 1166
The entire month of April Montebello recognizes these important Issues:
- National Child Abuse Prevention- This month we are working together to raise awareness to strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect.
- National Volunteer Month- We are honoring and recognizing the thousands of volunteers in our community that keep our organizations and services running. You can make a difference by registering your family to participate in City Service Saturdays to help beautify our neighborhoods.
- Autism Acceptance Month- The Autism Society acknowledges the month of April as Autism Acceptance Month, as a call to action to raise awareness and support research to improve wellness and inclusion for all.
- Armenian History Month- The month has been formally approved and recognized by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors to acknowledge the vast contribution of the Armenian community to our county's economy and culture.
- National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week- Annually held during the second week of April to honor telecommunications personnel for their commitment, service, and sacrifice.
- National 911 Education Month- This month was recognized by the United States Congress to support the efforts of the 9-1-1 Education Coalition to provide resources and materials on the use of 9-1-1 services nationwide.
- National Animal Care and Control Appreciation week- The National Animal Care and Control Association celebrates and promotes professionalism within the Animal Care and Control field on the national stage the second week of April every year. The week is designed to recognize the hard-working men and women of Animal Care and control.